August 11, 2010

New Poetry

I've been bad and AWOL, but after this monday, I will be blogging more often what with the wedding over and done with. I'm kind of in a weird mood tonight and I started listening to some old music that used to really inspire me to write, and guess what? I wrote.

Enjoy.

Fascination
he wants to shake his clean shaved image
his suit, shirt and tie is starting to feel a little tight
he sees in her a vibration of colour and light
her soul dances and sings without reservation
tempted by the siren between the smoke and glitter
he feels more lost in the crowd
until his eyes
meet hers
and she smiles.


disobedience

i painted a portrait
it was beautiful
with all the right colours and strokes
but the more beautiful it became
the more hideous i felt

i took the brush and chose a curious colour
one that i was attracted to but was afraid to use
and when the brush swept over the canvas
it felt so good to be so bad

to destroy the beauty, the perfection
i realize the darkest hue inside my own heart
i could not hide the ugliness
so i continued to stroke until the feeling of guilt subsided

stranger in my house

when he walks out the door
i unfold and feel the prick of loneliness
the bed is cold

we sit at the same table
but feel a million miles away
he goes east and i go west

conversation is mechanical
an old tv - the connection is fading

he looks further ahead
he wants to taste freedom
open his arms and embrace the world
all its beauty
yet he doesnt see
what is here
right now
could be very well gone
by tomorrow.

No comments: